Smoothies are a great option for healthy treats. With the right ingredients they can taste sweet and decadent but still be filled with important and beneficial nutrients. This version has raw cacao powder and chocolate protein powder to make it very chocolaty and some hazelnut butter to create a nutritious nutella-inspired flavour. A few Medjool dates add in lots of natural sweetness along with fiber, minerals and vitamins while some cashew milk blends it all together into a thick and creamy smoothie.Hazelnuts are a great source of vitamin E, manganese and healthy fats along with several other nutrients. It is available in nut butter form from many grocery and health food stores or two tablespoons of nut butter can be replaced with a quarter cup of whole hazelnuts.
- 1½ cups unsweetened cashew milk (or any desired type)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.