Layering peanut chia pudding with fresh strawberries makes for a PB and J inspired healthy treat. They contain a very healthy amount of fiber, good fats and protein which make chia pudding both satiating and satisfying. Some Medjool dates make it naturally sweet and add in some extra nutrients while a combination of peanut powder and peanut butter give it a strong peanut flavour and variety of textures.
Chia pudding can be very energizing and easy to digest so it can be a great option for quick breakfasts, afternoon snacks or a pre- or post-workout refuel.
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup peanut butter, divided in two
- 4 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons peanut powder
- Blend the milk, dates and peanut powder until smooth in a high speed blender. Pour into a bowl and whisk in the chia seeds.
- Let the chia seeds thicken up and turn the liquid into pudding for around 20 minutes, stirring around 10 minutes in to ensure that clumps don't form at the bottom.
- Layer the pudding by placing the first two quarters into two jars or bowls then top with ½ cup strawberries each, followed by the final two quarters of chia pudding and the rest of the strawberries. Finish them off with a dollop each of peanut butter.
- Store in the fridge for up to a couple days.